Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend Whereabouts!

Well it being a holiday weekend, this Monday isn't so manic, so I'm going to do my first Manic Monday on Tuesday and fill y'all in on the weekend today.

This is a long one and gets a little tedious at some points but this is me and I want to share my whole self.

I love long weekends cause it gives me more time to spend with my hubby. He works hard to support us so he usually comes home, takes a nap, eats dinner and goes back to sleep. So weekends are our time together, so I'll gladly take an extra day now and then.

Our long weekend started with Friday afternoon when I finally got home from lunch and shopping with my mom. I met L at Macaroni Grill for dinner, we caught up with some old friends that still work there from back in the day when I did and had a really good time. When we got home that night we went out to the pool and swam for a couple of hours and crashed pretty early that night. We are such an old married couple sometimes!

Saturday we got up early and L headed over to my parents to finish sanding my new desk (transformation to come). I waited for my family to come pick me up cause when Mom and I went shopping Friday she found a dinning room table she wanted, so she was bring Dad out to see it on Saturday and of course everyone else had to tag along. So once we finally got done buying the table we went to lunch. After lunch we decided to go past Megan and Jeremy's new house because I'm the only one who didn't get to see it the first time. When we got there we kind of broke in let ourself in, had a look around, and measured all the rooms. I really like the house and can't wait to help her decorate! We spent almost 3 hours at the house, cause it turns out that after they had put the offer on the house Megan found out that a friend of hers from Piedmont College lives right across the street, so her and her husband come over for a bit. When we finally got to my parents house, Megan, Katie and I decided to head to Mall of GA to do some shopping for me, I didn't find anything so we decided to go to the furniture stores then had "dinner" at TuttiFruitti, a self serve frozen yogurt place, it was some good quality sista time. I ended up staying the night at my parents in participation for Sunday. After L finished with my desk he spent the rest of the day with his brother and friends.

Now here comes the highlight of the weekend Sunday Funday!!
Megan& Jeremy, L and I got up early to head to Lake Occone to spend a fun weekend on the lake with some old friends. Barrett & Ashely were outside waiting for us!  The boys started out the morning at 10:30 with jagerbombs and the girls took a tour of the new addition to the Harris house. After blowing up the floats and getting the coolers ready we headed out for a quick little ride on the boat waiting for the rest of the group to get there. Once W&J got there we went back out to the sandbar and once it got to crowded we drove back to the cove the house is in and swam there til lunch. After lunch we hooked up the rafts and went out once again, we only did that for about a hour til Lauren & Grant got there. I hadn't seen them since our wedding and was very happy they had made the drive considering all that they were going through. B took the new group out for a while and L, A and I swam out into the cove, talked and caught up for a while. L&G are getting married in November so we were talking wedding stuff, ever since my wedding 7 months ago I still have the planning itch so I guess it's good that I have so many friends getting married, lol. We left after dinner and got home really late but we had so much fun and wish we could go it more often, maybe we can this summer!

Our extra day together Monday. again another boring old couple day but it's the kind I love and greatly appreciate after a busy weekend like we had. We slept in, picked up a late lunch, layed around watching TV and talking, accidental took a nap, laid around some more. We had planned on going out to the pool but it was really crowded and L got a little to much sun at the lake and didn't feel like being out in the heat again today. We had dinner and L has since gone to bed and I'm just trying to finish this long weekend blog so I too can go to bed.

This weekend had it's up and downs but it's the kind of love, spent with friends, family and the one person I love the most. Hope everyone else had a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend. Thanks to the troop of past and present fighting for us, especially my cousin Glen and one of my favorite people W's husband Robert who are over seas right now. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your families daily.




No comments:

Post a Comment