Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Work Out...

So like I've stated before I'm on this new health kick, it's not a New Years resolution that I'm going to quit in a few weeks/months or when I get to my goal weight. I know that this will have to be a lifestyle change for me. I've struggled with my weight for a good portion of my life. But I'll be 27 this year and I've already wasted most of my life being fat and I'm over it. L and I do want a family sooner rather than later and I don't want to be huffing and puffing while trying to chase my kids around. I know I'll never be a skinny-mini and I'm okay with that, I love my curves and I embrace my boobs and butt!

I'm wrapping up my second week with My Fitness Pal, it's an app that calculates the calories you should consume based on your height, age, and goal weight. Then you plug in your food and exercise for the day. My name is RVHajrizi is you want to follow my journey!
The first week was a little rough, trying to get used to what I can and cannot eat but I'm finally getting the hang of it. I've grown up in the south and everything we do revolves around food. I don't eat that much on a daily basis so I thought I was doing okay but I've realized that just because I don't eat a lot doesn't mean I'm eating healthy. I'm actually doing the opposite, I'm using all my calories on little unhealthy high carb foods.

I gave myself two weeks just trying to get my eating under control before I hit the gym. So Monday afternoon when L gets off work, we've got a date with the gym. We decided the nights he is off we'll go to the gym together and then the nights he is working I'll go by myself when I get up in the morning. I've done this before and was successful at it, I just stopped working out and eating good and I gained it all back plus some. But I'm not doing excuses this time, I don't have a reason not to go to the gym and not to eat healthy at home everyday, there are bigger things driving me this time and as lame as it sounds, I know I'm ready now! Plus I got a fabulous suit I've got to fit in in 6 months! (More on that later)
Side note: I'm so proud of my hubby for dropping some weight, I think he is down about 20 and has 16 more to go for his goal weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment