Friday, July 29, 2011

Inspirational Thursdays

New weekly series based on my Thursday morning bible study.

This weeks scripture- Ecclesiastes 2

10 "I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;
   I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my labor,
   and this was the reward for all my toil.
11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
   and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
   nothing was gained under the sun. "

26 "To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. "

What I got from this:

It doesn't matter how much you acquire in your life, your still going to die the same as a poor man. It's how you live your life that counts. You can't take it with you.










I maybe a tiny portion of his story but I'm still a portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment