Saturday, July 2, 2011

What If...

I'm not usual one of those people who wonders "what if" but I find it fun to go down that road ever now and then.

I was in the car with my twin sister M a couple of months ago, she is in the process of buying her first house with her husband J. Just a little back ground my parents started my sisters and I in private school in Monroe when we were in the 6th grade. That was in 1996, ever since they decided to do that they were trying to sell our house in Snellville, it took on and off for over 5 years to do so, in the mean time we would drive around Walton Co pretty much every Sunday after church looking at houses, dad breaking into letting himself into vacant houses and getting lost on back roads.

Well there was this one house that M and I absolutely loved, I don't remember why my parents didn't buy it, I'm sure mom had a reason. but anyway back to the point. Megan and I were talking about what if we had bought that house, how would our lives be different. Well I know that I probably wouldn't have meet my husband and some really amazing friends. See this "dream" house was on the Conyers side if Monroe compared to the house my parents bought and currently live in which is kinda on the Winder/Loganville side. So when I started college and was living at home I went to Loganville to find a job instead of Conyers. I found a job at a local Italian restaurant waiting tables and there in the kitchen of that tiny family owned restaurant I met the love of my life.

I don't believe in love at first sight, I believe love takes a longer look (L says otherwise but that's his story and this is mine) but I had a feeling very early in L and I's relationship that he was going to be someone special.  I fully believe God puts people in your life for a reason, he makes things happen so your life will go as he has planned it and whether your listen to his callings or not that's up to you, but I'm so glad I did. I love my husband with every ounce of my being, without him and his love I wouldn't be the person I am today, and I know he feels the same.

Do you ever think about that movie Sliding Doors and think where your life would be if you had missed/caught a train or worked in a different restaurant/ city?

No comments:

Post a Comment