Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What's For Dinner Tuesday




I realized that I have yet to put a pasta dish on here, which is surprising cause I eat pasta all the time. But come to think of it I can't remember the last time I had pasta. It's usually a go to meal for me, I always have a box in my pantry and I throw what every I have on hand in it. Tonight I actually planned this out cause I had to run to the store cause we were running low on veggies and cheese, and what's pasta with out any of those!

Pasta Primavera is any pasta dish with pasta and fresh veg.



Pasta Primavera


These are the freshest mushrooms I've ever found at a store, it was like they were straight from the farm.
Those sun-dried tomatoes I got from the Asian food market are amazing!


1 Chicken Breast
1 Medium Zucchini
4 Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 4oz container of Mushrooms
1 tbsp of Oil
6oz of Pasta
1tsp of Flour
Roasted Garlic
Seasons of choice
Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp of Cream cheese


I put the chicken on the stove top to help it defrost.



 Put water on to boil and cook pasta according to directions on box. I used whole wheat egg noddles. Add oil to a pan add mushrooms and zucchini and allow to cook down. At the half way point add tomatoes, flour and seasoning and allow to cook the rest of the way. Cook the chicken anyway you would like, I used left over buffalo chicken that I had in the freezer.



While everything is cooking in a separate bowl add garlic, cheeses and Italian seasonings. whisk together with about 1/2 cup of the pasta water, keep stirring til cheese is melted and garlic is dissolved.



Once the pasta/chicken/veggies are done stir everything together in the bowl with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve with toasted garlic bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment