Thursday, June 9, 2011

What's For Dinner Tonight

I'm getting rid of my page What's For Dinner Tuesday and turning into a weekly post instead so I'm posting my past post so they won't get deleted. Hope you enjoy!

June 7, 2010
It's my BIRTHDAY! I can't believe I'm 25, but thats another post, another day. Since it's my birthday I refuse to make dinner so I don't know what's for dinner tonight!



May 31, 2010



I found this recipe on Tyler's Taste Tests, the moment I read it I knew L was going to love it. It's another quick and easy meal for Tuesday nights since I have my MK meetings. Today was technically my Monday since it was a holiday weekend so it was manic on top of being the usual crazy day. I left for work this afternoon and forgot to put dinner on so I had to rush home after work and put it on high for 3 hours instead of the usual low for 6 hours. However it still came out wonderful. I added my own flare to it: I added a little cream cheese at the end to give it a little extra creaminess (is that even a word??) and then sprinkled it with pepper jack cheese, and I had some leftover biscuits from breakfast so I served the chicken over that instead of regular bread. This is defiently a new family favorite.  Thanks Tyler!



L got into it before I could make it home


Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
4 boneless, skinless chicken breats
1 (17.5 fluid oz) bottle buffalo wing sauce
1 oz package dry ranch salad dressing mix
2 tbsp butter
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise (or sandwich bread of your choice)

Place the chicken breast in the crockpot along with 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter and shred with two forks. Add the meat to your bread and splash with remaining buffalo wing sauce. Enjoy!







May 25, 2010
This recipe comes from my sister Carrie,(which is ironic cause she doesn't eat red meat anymore) I don't remember when or how it came about in my house but every since my mom started making it it's been a family favorite. I remember the first time I made it for my husband, he loved it, well then again he loves everything I make. Or so he says he usually adds hot sauce to it anyway.
This is a quick and easy meal I usually make on Tuesdays since I have my MaryKay meetings at 7pm, I can throw this together as I'm getting ready and all L has to do is add the sour cream right before he makes his plate.

Gooey Stuff:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1 (16oz) can tomato sauce
7-8 oz Elbow Macaroni
1 med Green Bell Pepper
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 (2oz) jar Pimiento, diced
2 T Sugar
2tsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Salt
1 (8oz) ctn Sour Cream

Brown meat in large skillet. Drain off all the fat as it collects. Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream. Heat to boiling. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender; stir frequently. Add more tomato sauce or a small portion of water if necessary. after reaching the right consistency stir in sour cream; heat through but not do not boil.

I usually leave out the onions cause I'm not a fan.This also make great leftovers.
That's what's for dinner tonight, hope you enjoy!

If you know my husband, you know which bowl is his!






Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Wow - these look great! :) Visiting from FF&P :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, both sound like great recipes! on the second one, she could always switch out the ground beef for ground turkey if she doesn't do red meat anymore. If you've never tried it? Go for it! :) You won't even tell the difference

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo those buffalo chicken sandwiches sound easy and delish! I love me some crock pot meals! Stopping by from the flip flops and pearls hop...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete