Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's For Dinner Tuesday

What's For Dinner Tonight 6-14-11
A day late and a dollar short... I think that describes today perfectly!

Monday night I had planned on laying out by the pool pretty much all day with my sister Katie, so I threw a couple a chicken breast, a little oil, about a cup of chicken stock, the juice from one lime and a packet of McCormick's Grill Mates Mexican Fiesta Marinate into the crock pot and cooked in on low for 6 hrs. I then shredded it, added about 2 tbsp of cream cheese and served along side Mexican rice.

Tuesday I got home from work around 3, accidentally took a nap waiting on L to get home, so I had about an 1 to get dinner together and get ready for my meeting. Luckily I had some chicken leftover from Monday night. So I put some pasta on to cook (you can use whatever you prefer, I used egg noddle because it's what I had on hand) and I then checked out the fridge to see what I had to put in the pasta. I'm known to do this, just take whatever I have in my fridge or pantry and make some amazing meals. I found some cream cheese, mushrooms, and pepper jack cheese.
Once the pasta was done, about 15 mins, I drained it, reserving about a cup of pasta water to keep thin out the sauce. I then added the chicken, cheese and mushrooms, along with some chili and garlic powder to the pot til warm. This is a pretty easy meal and I love it cause you can just change it up and add whatever you want. I usually serve it with garlic bread cause the hubby loves bread.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but I'm making more crockpot chicken tonight so that means I'll probably make some other pasta Friday (in case you don't know I love pasta). So I'll take pictures of that meal.

So what are you having for dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment