Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Whats For Dinner Tuesday

What's For Dinner Tonight 6-21-2011

So I decided that this week I'm going to make every meal in the crockpot. This works out perfectly cause like I've said money is a little tight this month so I haven't done much grocery shopping. Instead I emptied my mom's freezers of frozen meat  (she's one of those people who buys meat never uses it and freezers it with intention of using one day but never does, so she calls me over every 3 months or so and I clean her out and save myself money! plus frozen meats are great for the crockpot) Yesterday was Italian sausage and ravioli. So today I'm making chicken again! It's getting closer to the end of the month and food is dwindling down but I did happen to have a box of Rice-A-Roni Mexican rice and a can of Chipotle chilies in adobe sauce left, and it sounded like a good combo.

2 Tbsp butter
1 box of Rice-a-Roni Mexican rice
3-4 Chicken breast
1 can Chiplote Chillies
1 clove Roasted garlic
2 cups of water
4oz Sour Cream

I simply added butter, the rice, then the seasoning mix, placed the chicken breast on top of that, then took about 4-5 chilies (depending on how spicy you like it) and put then randomly in the pot along with some roasted garlic I made the day before. I then added water (you can use chicken stock if you have it) and covered and cooked on low for 6 hrs. I cut the chicken up in to bit size pieces and added some sour cream to help cut some of the spice.

Again sorry no pictures, it wasn't done before I left for my meeting and hubby had already eaten when I got home.

So what are you having for dinner tonight?



No comments:

Post a Comment